2234 – Construction estimators
Construction estimators analyze costs of and prepare estimates on civil engineering, architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical construction projects. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and major electrical, mechanical and trade contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- Chief estimator – construction
- Construction estimator
- Cost estimator – construction
- Principal estimator – construction
- Professional quantity surveyor
- Quantity surveyor – construction
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules.
Estimators may specialize in estimating costs for structural, electrical or mechanical construction projects.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a three-year college program in civil or construction engineering technology or several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical, are required.
- Certification by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors is usually required.
- Progression to more senior positions in this unit group, such as senior estimator or to construction management positions is possible with experience.
- Architectural technologists and technicians (2251)
- Civil engineering technologists and technicians (2231)
- Civil engineers (2131)
- Construction managers (0711)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com