5227 – Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
Support workers in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts perform support duties related to these fields. They are employed by television and radio stations and networks, recording studios, motion picture and video production companies and by theater and stage companies.
- Boom grip
- Camera crane operator
- Dresser – motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- Lighting assistant
- Production assistant
- Props person
- Script assistant
- Set builder
- Special effects assistant
- Spotlight operator
- Motion picture projectionist
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Camera crane operators
- Set up, assemble, adjust, maintain and replace reels and projector equipment; detect and repair mechanical and electrical problems; and change and install an electronic control panel using automated equipment.
Motion picture projectionists
- Check the condition of the copy; set up and load film reels on movie theater projection systems, adjust focus, sound levels and other projector and theater settings; and maintain projection equipment.
Props persons and set builders
- Assemble, repair, place, build and oversee props.
- Distribute scripts to actors; keep detailed notes of all actions, positions and camera angles; and photograph and date scenes.
Grips and riggers
- Rig, place, move and dismantle sets, backdrops, scenery and other stage equipment.
- Clean, maintain, transport and store costumes, and assist performers to dress in costumes.
- Provide support to the director and producer, and are responsible for various aspects of production such as preparing schedules, setting up equipment, and making travel arrangements to various shooting locations.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Most occupations in this unit group require completion of college courses in broadcasting, theater arts or a related field or a period of on-the-job training.
- Certification for projectionists is available, but voluntary, in New Brunswick. In Quebec, projectionists are regulated under operators of electrical machines, cinema equipment.
- Projectionists are required to be licensed by their province of employment.
- There may be an overlap in duties among occupations in this unit group, depending on the size of the production or broadcasting studio.
- Progression to related technical occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting or the performing arts is possible with additional training or experience.
- Audio and video recording technicians (5225)
- Broadcast technicians (5224)
- Film and video camera operators (5222)
- Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts (5226) Follow us
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com