9215 – Supervisors, forest products processing
Supervisors in forest products processing supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in pulp and paper production and wood processing and manufacturing. They are employed by pulp and paper companies, paper converting companies, sawmills, planing mills, wood treatment plants, waferboard plants and other wood processing companies Supervisors forest.
- Coating room foreman/woman – pulp and paper
- Lumber grading foreman/woman – wood processing
- Paper converting supervisor
- Paper machine foreman/woman
- Paper mill foreman/woman
- Plywood making foreman/woman
- Pulp mill foreman/woman
- Sawmill foreman/woman
- Shift operating supervisor – pulp and paper
- Shingle mill foreman/woman
- Tour foreman/woman – pulp and paper
- Waferboard foreman/woman
- Wood-treating plant foreman/woman
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate pulp and paper mills, paper converting mills, sawmills, planing mills, plywood, waferboard and other wood and paper products mills
- Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions and administer the collective agreement
- Prepare production and other reports
- Monitor safety conditions
- May set up machines and equipment.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma in pulp and paper technology or a related discipline may be required for some pulp and paper supervisor positions.
- Several years of some combination of formal and on-the-job training are provided.
- Several years of experience in the most senior occupation supervised are often required.
- Certificates, such as lumber grading and industrial first aid, and a competency certificate in natural gas may be required.
- Mobility is possible between positions employing similar technology or producing similar products.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- Manufacturing managers (0911)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com