BC PNP Tech Pilot 2020
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) Tech Pilot allows the technology sector in BC to attract and retain the talent it needs to grow the sector further. the BC PNP Tech Pilot came about due to the fact that the demand for talent in BC’s tech sector is increasing faster than the supply launched in 2017. The initiative supports the attraction of skilled workers and to satisfy the demand for tech talent by expanding BC’s talent pool of skilled workers. The BC PNP Tech pilot is being extended until June 2020.
The best features BC PNP Tech Pilot Plan:
- Dedicated concierge service – Tech employers have access to relevant immigration information.
- Weekly invitations for tech registrants to apply – Tech employers have timely access to qualified individuals in the 29 eligible tech occupations.
- Priority processing – Dedicated BC PNP Tech Team and next business day assignment of tech applications in the 29 occupations. The BC PNP says most applications are processed within two to three months.
- Focused outreach and engagement – BC PNP sessions and events tailored for the tech sector, including one-on-one employer support.
How the BC PNP issues invitations?
The BC PNP issues invitations on a weekly basis to qualified registrants who have a valid job offer in one of the 29 eligible occupations.
Job offers under the BC PNP tech Pilot must:
- be for one of the 29 eligible occupations under the BC PNP Tech Pilot;
- be at least one year in duration (365 days); and
- Have 120 calendar days remaining at the time of application.
The free registration process includes providing information about the applicant’s supporting BC employer. In order to be issued an invitation to apply, both the applicant and his or her employer must meet all program requirements at the time of registration. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee that the applicant will be invited to apply.
he BC PNP Tech Pilot the minimum duration of the job offer is 365 days, as opposed to the other BC PNP streams which require a job offer for an indeterminate duration. A job offer that is longer than a year will continue to be eligible for the Tech Pilot. The job offer must also be full-time and from an eligible employer in the province.
What is the process of BC PNP Tech Pilot?
- Once a candidate has determined his or her category, he or she may register online and receive a registration score. Registration is free.
- Every week (subject to processing capacity), the BC PNP will conduct a tech draw to invite the highest-scoring technology sector registrants to apply.
- Invited candidates have up to 30 calendar days from the date of invitation to submit a complete online application. The government application fee is $700.
- The BC PNP will process the application on a priority basis.
- If approved, the applicant receives a nomination that he or she can use to apply for permanent residence.
- Individuals who have been nominated and who meet the conditions of their nomination will receive a work permit support letter that allows them to obtain or renew their current work permit allowing them to work throughout the process.
Eligible occupations for the BC PNP Tech Pilot 2020
|Telecommunication carriers managers||131|
|Computer and information systems managers||213|
|Managers - publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts||512|
|Electrical and electronics engineers||2133|
|Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)||2147|
|Information systems analysts and consultants||2171|
|Database analysts and data administrators||2172|
|Software engineers and designers||2173|
|Computer programmers and interactive media developers||2174|
|Web designers and developers||2175|
|Biological technologists and technicians||2221|
|Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians||2241|
|Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)||2242|
|Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics||2243|
|Computer network technicians||2281|
|User support technicians||2282|
|Information systems testing technicians||2283|
|Authors and writers||5121|
|Translators, terminologists and interpreters||5125|
|Audio and video recording technicians||5225|
|Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts||5226|
|Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts||5227|
|Graphic designers and illustrators||5241|
|Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade||6221|