Medical Treatment Visa
Germany VISA for the Purpose of Medical Treatment
This includes people who are going to visit the Federal Republic of Germany for Medical Purpose.
Required Documents for a Medical Treatment VISA:
- Valid Passport.
- Fully completed application form & declaration duly signed.
- Health insurance.
- Flight reservation.
- Personal covering letter with entire travel plan (itinerary).
- Leave letter of your company (if employed).
- Certificate from a medical doctor confirming the need of specific medical treatment.
- Certificate from a medical doctor confirming that necessary treatment can be provided and appointment is made.
- Proof of advance payment of the treatment / financial arrangements with the medical doctor in Germany.
- Correspondence between the sending medical doctor and the receiving medical doctor.
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in the Schengen area.
- Proof of civil status: Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable.
- Proof of financial status.
- If employed: Payslips of the past three months / employment contract:
- If employed: payslip of last three month/employment contract
- If self – employed: Certified of proprietorship or other proof of ownership (proof of land title, proof of income from agriculture) etc
Visa Application Procedures
Once the entire document gathered, we will book your appointment through embassy or consulate. It is recommended to apply for a visa at least 3 weeks before your scheduled travel in order to avoid any processing delays. All of the required documents arranged in order. In general, the submission process takes around 10 minutes to complete. After you pay the visa fee, you will be issued a receipt which you have to keep in order collecting your processed application.
Can I extend my Medical Treatment Visa?
If your health has not improved and you need to receive medical treatment for a longer period than foreseen, then you can apply for Medical Treatment Visa extension. The hospital you are receiving treatment at, can help you a lot in this aspect. Appoint a meeting at the foreigners’ registration office of the city where you are receiving medical treatment in Germany. On the day of the appointment brig all the documents you have with you. A letter or a document from the hospital showing that you need to stay in Germany for a longer period in order for your conditions to improve is vital.
Can I bring family members with me?
If the person who wishes to receive medical treatment in Germany is underage then his legal guardian/s will be allowed to accompany him or her. Contact the German embassy or consulate in your country and ask them for further details. The same might apply to cases when the person who needs medical treatment is so ill, that he or she needs a family member (or other depending on the case) to stay next to them to complete procedures and take care of other stuff.
How to apply for a Medical Treatment VISA
First-time applicants have to submit the application form along with the required documents in person. Frequent travellers may submit their application and documents though consultant.
Visa Application Fees
Applicant need to pay the Visa application fee by bank transfer. The embassy will not accept credit cards or cheques. The money order should bear the name of the German Consulate in the home country and it should not be more than two months old. As of 2018, the cost of a visa is 75 Euro. A point to note when applying for a medical treatment visa Germany is that the embassy will not reimburse the visa fees in cases of unsuccessful applications. The fees are also subject to change any moment.