United Kingdom (UK) Immigration
United Kingdom(UK) known as Great Britain have always been a favourite destination for Indians. UK is always being an attractive education destination for Indian students. The points based Scheme used to be the most preferred. To be part of UK everyone has to go through a points system. This UK point system visa type for Highly skilled professionals and educated Indians to make their mark in UK and work and settle in there. However, The British Immigration department has made some drastic changes to the Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) visa system, so that without any language test employees can extend their stay in the UK. before you start your application process, you must ascertain which category of UK Visa would give you the best chance of acceptance, based on your eligibility and reasons for wanting to immigrate to UK.
UK Immigration: Tier 2- General Work visas
The Tier 2 General Work visa is the UK work visa, part of the British Points Based System. It is issued to highly skilled workers from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland, who have a job offer for a skilled job or a short-list job.
To be eligible to apply for this visa you must have a job offer by a licensed sponsor in the UK. You should provide a certificate of sponsorship issued by the employer as a proof.
As a holder of a Tier 2 General Work Visa, you will be allowed to travel outside the UK on this visa. You can also bring dependents to the UK on Tier 2 dependent visas.
Who Needs a UK Tier 2 Visa?
Apply for a Tier-2 General Work Visas you must meet a number of eligibility criteria. These criteria are as following:
- You must pass the general grounds for refusal.
- You must have a job and from a sponsoring employer in the UK, for a skilled job or a job in the Shortage List.
- Offer Tier 2 Visa minimum salary of 30,000 / year.
The applicant must also meet the following criteria and be able to collect points in each of these requirements listed below:
- Have 50 points in attributes.
- Have at least 10 marks for English language knowledge.
- Be older than 16 years.
- A maximum of 10% of shares of the company when their sponsor is a Limited Company – An exception of this makes the case when the candidate has a minimum yearly salary of £159,600.
- Must not take any type of public funds.
Document Required for a Tier 2 General Work visas?
To apply for a Tier 2 General work visa, you must submit the required documents for any UK visa and also provide the following documents which are specifically required for a Tier 2 visa application:
- Tier 2 Visa sponsorship letter from the employer. The certificate must have a reference number for a job in the UK issued by an A-rated certified sponsor employer in the UK with an accepted Job Salary.
- Criminal record certificate. This document shows if you have violated the law in recent years. You should obtain it from the competent authorities in your home country.
- Tuberculosis test results. Required only if you are a resident of a country that has to take the test.
- Police registration certificate.
- Proof you have the necessary funds to support you financially in the UK.
Tier 2 General Work Visa Maintenance Funds
You must provide the minimum required saved money in disposition to cover your own and your dependents’ living and accommodation costs. The minimum required is:
- £945 – for you
- £630 – for any dependent
Tier 2 General Work Visa Fees
Visa Fees for a Tier 2 General work visa depend on whether you are applying from inside or outside the UK as well as your citizenship since different fees apply to citizens of Turkey and North Macedonia.
Keep in mind that the application fees for UK visas may change on a regular basis almost. You can visit this article to see all the UK visa application fees available from 6th April 2018.
Settle in the UK as a Tier 2 General work Visa Holder
If you have lived in the UK for at least five continuous years on Tier 2 General Work visa, you can apply to get an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). You need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Fulfill initial Tier 2 General Work visa requirements
- Provide documents to prove absences from the UK Maximum 180 days absence per 1 year, each year of the entire period is allowed.
- Certificate of sponsorship by a valid Tier 2 general work visa sponsor. The sponsor must either have a license as a Tier 2 sponsor for the respective category or is waiting for a decision on their application to renew it. With a specific salary in the certificate, you must demonstrate the sponsor's readiness to keep you employed for a specific period.
Want know about UK immigration? Please contact world overseas immigration consultancy for Free Assessment. Please get in touch with our immigration experts by filling the Free Assessment form and know more about UK immigration.