Travel insurance is the cancellation of travel, flight accidents, cover medical expenses and lost luggage other losses during travel, either internationally or domestically.
Travel insurance can usually be arranged at the time of booking a trip to cover the duration of that trip, or a “multi-trip” policy can cover an unlimited time journey within a set time frame. Some policies offer low and high medical-expense options; The higher ones are primarily for countries that have higher medical costs, such as the United States.
Some credit card issuers offer automatic travel insurance if travel arrangements are paid to use their credit card, but these policies are general and we must take special care to take into account individual needs. There are many travel insurance policies available in the marketplace, but we should keep it in mind that what events we include in each policy, and what exclusions, exceptions and limits apply, besides other issues.
The most common risks covered by travel insurance plans are:
Medical treatment, including transportation to the medical facility.Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption.This section covers any unused travel and or accommodation costs, pre-paid charges (including any additional travel expenses incurred, provided they are deemed reasonable and necessary) if a trip is canceled Or reduced deductions in a variety of circumstances, which may include any of the following depending on the policy:
- death, bodily injury, illness, disease, or pregnancy complications
- compulsory quarantine
- jury service
- being called as a witness
- termination of employment (provided you did not know about it before you booked the holiday)
- being called up if you are a member of the armed forces or other public defense or safety organization
- prohibition of travel by the government to the intended destination
- officially recommended evacuation from the intended destination
- official advisory against going to or remaining at the intended destination
- death or serious illness of a family member (subject to age restrictions).
- Repatriation of remains
- Return of a minor
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Visitor health insurance
- Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
- Overseas funeral expenses
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
- Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
- Flight connection was missed due to airline rescheduling or delay.
- Travel delays because of weather
Medical expense coverage can be per-occurrence or maximum-limit.
Travel within India involves various risks for any traveler. Contingencies do not come with prior notice and your journey, whether abroad or within India, entails potential risks. Domestic travel insurance includes medical emergencies, accidents, flight delays, cancellations, baggage loss or damage, etc..
International Travel Insurance is an insurance that offers coverage against medical expenses, trip cancellation, trip delay, and more.
Foreign travel insurance takes care of all these accidents during your travel abroad.
Travel with complete peace of mind with our travel insurance solution. We help you gain insurance coverage based on your travel plans and offer appropriate solutions for students, professionals, families, and corporates.
A policy for travel insurance will cover all the main concerns of a traveler. This includes travel cancellations, lost luggage, travel delays, and medical emergencies. The majority of the policies are designed comprehensively for safeguarding travelers from diverse events. These are those that can cause monetary loss prior to or during the trip.