6313 – Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors
Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of hotel accommodation service clerks, casino workers, reservation clerks and other travel and accommodations workers. They are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
- Casino dealer supervisor
- Hotel clerk supervisor
- Reservations supervisor
- Tour guide supervisor
- Travel clerk supervisor
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of hotel, motel and other accommodation services clerks, casino workers, reservation clerks and other travel and accommodations workers not elsewhere classified
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of college courses related to the area supervised may be required.
- Experience in the occupation supervised is usually required.
- Casino gaming licences are usually required for all casino employees.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with additional training or experience.