7361 – Railway and yard locomotive engineers
Railway engineer operate railway locomotives to transport passengers and freight. They are employed by railway transport companies. Yard locomotive engineer operate locomotives within yards of railway, industrial or other establishments. They are employed by railway transport companies and industrial or commercial users of rail transport.
- Locomotive engineer – railway
- Railway engineer
- Switch engineer – railway
- Transfer hostler – railway
- Yard engineer – railway
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Railway locomotive engineers
- Operate locomotives to transport passengers and freight on railways
- Operate communication systems to communicate with train crews and traffic controllers to ensure safe operation and scheduling of trains
- Inspect assigned locomotives and test operating controls and equipment.
- Yard locomotive engineers
- Operate locomotives to switch, couple and uncouple cars for loading and unloading
- Perform switching operations according to written switching orders or dispatched instructions
- Inspect locomotives, replenish fuel or perform routine maintenance on locomotives.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience as a conductor is required for railway engineers and may be required for yard engineer.
- Experience as a railway yard worker may be required for yard locomotive engineers.
- Railway locomotive engineers require a Canadian Rail Operating Rules certificate.
- Mobility between railway transport companies or between establishments employing engineers may be limited due to seniority provisions of collective agreements.
World Overseas Immigration provides you the best guidance for your NOC code if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at Info@worldoverseasimmigration.com