0912 – Utilities managers
Utilities managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of utility companies or services of heating fuel distribution companies. The services provided include treatment of water and waste, distribution of water, electricity, natural gas and heating oil to residential, commercial and industrial consumers, waste disposal and waste recycling. They are employed in public and private sector utilities and in heating fuel distribution companies.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Water supply managers
- Manage water filtration, purification processes and pumping operations, schedule and oversee the maintenance of plant equipment and prepare reports on water supply and water quality.
Electrical power distribution managers
- Manage the operations of electrical power distribution systems including generating stations, transmission stations and distribution networks. They may also plan and direct the distribution activities of a municipal electrical power establishment.
Natural gas supply managers
- Manage the delivery of gas to consumers, monitor supply inventories and control the recording of injections and withdrawals.
Petroleum product distribution managers
- Plan and direct the distribution of heating oil products to retail distributors and regional storage sites.
Water pollution control managers
- Manage the operations of a sewage treatment plant, schedule and direct maintenance of plant equipment, and prepare reports on water quality.
Waste systems managers
- Manage solid or liquid waste collection and disposal systems, train drivers in how to handle waste and ensure safe operation of disposal facilities.
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in an appropriate discipline is required. For example, electrical engineering is required for managers of transmission lines, and water resource technology for water supply managers.
- Several years of experience as a supervisor in a related utilities operations department are required.
- A professional engineer certification is usually required for managers of utility operations involved in the transmission and distribution of electrical power, and natural gas and heating oil.
- Progression to senior management positions in the utility industry is possible with experience.
- Facility operation and maintenance managers (0714)
- Senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities (0016)
World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance for your immigration. If you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call us on +919810366117 or +918448490107 or just mail us your query at email@example.com