Tier 5 – Temporary Work Permits visa

Tier 5 – Temporary Work Permits visa


The UK Temporary Work Permit Visa is an employment visa for non-EEA and non-Swiss citizens who wish to work in the UK temporarily and it enables its holder to remain in the UK for 2 years.

It also allows you to work with another job in the same field and up to 20 hours per week as your main job.

In addition, you can bring your family members with you.
There are a limited number of types of work you can do with this visa, which are defined by the Temporary work permits visa types.

If you are coming to the UK as a seasonal worker, the validity of your visa will be 6 months.

Tier 5 Temporary Work permits Visa Types

If you want to apply for a UK Temporary Work Visa, then you have to apply for a visa type. Temporary work visa types define the types of jobs you can perform under this visa.Following, find the  Temporary Work permits Visa Types and a short explanation for each.

  • Charity Worker visa- This is a UK Temporary Work Visa for those who wish to do unpaid voluntary work for the charity.
  • Creative and Sporting visa- You can apply for this visa if you have an offer to work in the UK as a sportsperson or creative worker.
  • Government Authorized Exchange visa- You should apply for this visa if you want to come to the UK for the sole purpose of short-term work experience or to do training. Research or fellowship through an approved government authorized exchange scheme, for a migrant government language program.
  • International Agreement visa – If you have been contracted to work for a foreign government or other work covered by international law while in the UK, you should apply for this visa.
  • Religious Worker visa-  Apply for this visa if you want to work as a religious preacher in the UK, in a religious order, or other work-related to religion.
  • Seasonal Worker Visa- This visa is for those who want to do farm work in the UK for up to 6 months.

Who Can Apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Work permits Visa?

To apply for a UK Temporary Work permits Visa you will need to meet the requirements listed below:

  • You must be a non-EEA and non-Swiss national.
  • You should get a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer.
  • You must prove to the British authorities that you have £945 in your bank account, which has been there for at least 3 months before the date of your application. You will be exempt from this requirement, only if your sponsor is fully rated and will cover your accommodation and meals in the UK for your first month.

How to Apply for a UK Temporary Work permits Visa?

To apply for a UK Temporary Work permits  Visa you first need to complete the online application form. The form is available on the UK government’s website.

You will need to answer several questions related to you, like name & surname, date & place of birth, etc.

In addition, there are questions related to your previous visits to the UK or anywhere in the world. You will also have to provide the reason for applying for this visa.

Then you will need to pay the visa fee and the health surcharge.

If you are applying for a UK seasonal worker visa, you are exempt to pay a health surcharge.

Required Documents for a Tier 5 Temporary Work permits Visa UK

There are some specific required documents, which you need to submit when applying for a UK Temporary Work permits  Visa.

These documents are as follows:

  • Valid passport.
  • It is shown in the bank statement that there is at least £ 945 in continuous savings for 90 days before you apply.
  • Your tuberculosis (TB) test results.
  • For Creative and Sporting Visa: If you are applying as a sportsperson or coach, a letter of support from your sports operating body.

What Can I Do with a Tier 5 UK Temporary Work permits  Visa?

There are certain things that you can do and you cannot do with a UK Temporary Work permits  Visa

  • Study, as long as the studies do not interfere with your work. Note that the seasonal worker visa may also study during their time in the UK.
  • Do up to 20 hours of work per week:
  • In the same area at the same level as your main job.
  • On the Tier 2 shortage occupation list.
  • Bring family members (spouse, children under 18, and children over 18 who are dependent in the UK) with you.

Want know about UK immigration? Please contact world overseas immigration consultancy for Free Assessment. Please get in touch with our immigration experts by filling the Free Assessment form and know more about UK immigration.

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Important Links

    Need Help?

    Not sure exactly what You are looking for or just want clarification? We’d be happy to chat with you and clear things up for you. Anytime.
    Call Now