6316 – Other services supervisors
Other services supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of dry cleaning, laundry, ironing, pressing and finishing workers, theatre ushers and attendants, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, security guards and other service workers. They are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
- Campground supervisor
- Clubhouse attendants supervisor
- Commissionaire supervisor
- Dry cleaning production supervisor
- Dry cleaning supervisor
- Foreman/woman – laundry and dry cleaning
- Laundry supervisor
- Parking lot supervisor
- Security guard supervisor
- Ski lift attendant supervisor
- Theatre attendant supervisor
- Ticket taker supervisor
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of dry cleaning, laundry, ironing, pressing and finishing workers, theatre ushers and attendants, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, security guards and other service workers not elsewhere classified
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Monitor quality and production levels
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of college courses related to the area supervised may be required.
- Experience in the occupation supervised is usually required.
- Certification or licensing may be required for some occupations in this group (i.e., supervisors of commissionaires or security guards).
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with additional training or experience.